28-29 January 2021
The focus of the Greek NI4OS-Europe training course that takes place on 28-29 January 2021 is the development of the necessary skills that will enhance Greek Open Science stakeholders capacity on their path to European Open Science Cloud (EOSC) participation. The event is addressed to service providers and end-users of generic & thematic services and data repositories in Greece. It is part of the NI4OS-Europe series of trainings that aim to enhance FAIR and EOSC capability for current and potential Open Science stakeholders, ensuring their smooth inclusion into the EOSC.
Register at: https://events.ni4os.eu/event/26/registrations/22/
By the end of the Greek NI4OS-Europe training event, participants will be able to:
- Use the NI4OS-Europe Pre-production environment
- make use of the current EOSC portal characteristics in their everyday work
- understand how to implement FAIR principles
- achieve interoperability of repositories
The event will be completed in two days and the agenda has as follows:
The presentations will introduce the EOSC Profiles and the Pre-production environment provided by NI4OS-Europe project for EOSC onboarding purposes. Hands-on sessions will follow where participants will be guided into completing their Provider and Resource profile on the Agora Resource Portfolio tool.
- Introduction to EOSC and its benefits
- NI4OS-Europe Pre-production environment
- Generic & thematic services onboarding
- Repository services onboarding – ATHENA Research and Innovation Center
The presentations will introduce the service template created by the NI4OS-Europe project for EOSC onboarding purposes as well as the OpenAIRE guidelines for interoperability. Hands-on sessions will follow where participants will be guided into completing the NI4OS-Europe template and using the OpenAIRE validator service to check compatibility issues.
The course will be held online