On 18 June 2020, NI4OS-Europe partner University of Maribor Library joined forces with the Slovenian RDA Node conference Research Data and the European Open Science Cloud. EOSC promoter Dunja Legat (UMUKM) gave a presentation on digital skills for the European Open Science Cloud, presented the NI4OS-Europe training methodology, and moderated the EOSC session and the round table discussion with Slovenian delegates of the European Open Science Cloud:
- dr. Jan Jona Javoršek, EOSC Governance Board
- mag. Dunja Legat, EOSC Skills and Training Working Group
- assist. prof. dr. Milan Ojsteršek, EOSC FAIR Working Group
- dr. Ana Slavec, EOSC FAIR Working Group
- mag. Miro Pušnik, EOSC Rules of Participation Working Group
- Peter Sterle, EOSC Governance Board
The conference was held online, with participants from the Slovenian Open Science community and the interested public.
Main topics of the conference were:
- Slovenian RDA Node’s activities and focal points during the inaugural year,
- project for data policies in Slovenian scientific publishing,
- examples of good practice in data management in the Slovenian research community,
- European Open Science Cloud for researchers,
- strategies for development and support of open science in Slovenia,
- skills and training for researchers and support services in scientific research,
- future of the Slovenian open science community.