- Name: Georgian Open Science Cloud Initiative (GOSCI)
- Description: The main outcome of the GOSCI will be the support towards research and education community of Georgia to have access to scientific data, services and facilities already available and the ones which will be implemented at EOSC in future. The main purpose will be to support Georgian research teams with integration in European Research Area.
- The main Open Science Forum objectives are:
- To participate in cooperation with government in the process of adoption of strategic vision and implementation of scientific research and innovation development in the country.
- To facilitate the involvement of research and education institutions in the implementation of Georgian Open Science Cloud Initiative.
- To support active participation of Georgian research organizations in Horizon Europe calls related to EOSC activities.
- Website: –
- Date of establishment: December 2021 (est.)
- Set-up workflow: Bottom up
- Governance structure: A consortium.
- Members: Organizations that expressed interest in participation include research infrastructure, electronic infrastructure, academic libraries, universities, research centers. Currently several institutions have clearly expressed their interest towards establishment of GOSCI: High Energy Physics Institute of Tbilisi State University, Ivane Beritashvili Center of Experimental Biomedicine, Georgian Research and Educational Networking Association GRENA, National Science Library
- Related documents: –
- NI4OS-Europe contact point: Georgian Research and Educational Networking Association (GRENA)
Open Science Profile
Shota Rustaveli National Science Foundation expressed commitment to coordinate national Open Science policy development and the drafting work is ongoing.
Georgian Technical University, National Environmental Agency, Akaki Tsereteli State University and Ilia State University mentioned in the NI4OS survey that they defined clear policies for the dissemination of and open access to scientific publications resulting from publicly-funded research. National Environmental Agency, Ilia State University, Georgian Technical University, Akaki Tsereteli State University and Tbilisi State Medical University defined clear policies for the dissemination of and open access to research data resulting from publicly-funded research. And The University of Georgia, National Environmental Agency and Akaki Tsereteli State University mentioned that they mandated software sharing under open licenses.
- Mandated organisation: –
- Observer: –
- Member: –
- Participation in EOSC pillars:
- OpenAIRE: GILISC
- NGI: Temur Maisuradze and Ramaz Kvatadze both from GRENA
- RDA: –
- GEANT: Ramaz Kvatadze and Nino Tsulaia both from GRENA