- Name: Armenian National Open Science Cloud Initiative
- The deployment and operation of a national infrastructure of resources and services specific to the Open Science Cloud compatible with European Open Science Cloud (EOSC).
- The integration of national infrastructures and services into the EOSC and creation of synergies at a national level between organizations that have a role and interest in EOSC.
- The support to the academic and research community in defining and implementing Open Science and Open Science Cloud services and policies in line with the European recommendations and policies.
- Focus areas:
- Open Science policies
- FAIR policies and/or practices
- Data management policies and/ or practices
- Delivery of guidelines
- Establishment of thematic Working Groups
- Open-Source software for research and tools
- Website: ni4os.eu
- Date of establishment: 2022
- Set-up workflow: Bottom-up
- MoU: signed
- NI4OS-Europe contact point: IIAP-NAS-RA
Open Science Profile
According to the NI4OS-Europe survey:
- Several organisations have defined clear policies for the dissemination and Open Access to scientific publications resulting from publicly funded research. These organisations are: the Byurakan Astrophysical Observatory, the Institute of Geological Sciences, the National Academy of Sciences; the Fundamental Scientific Library of the National Academy of Sciences; and the Yerevan State University.
- Two organsiations, the Fundamental Scientific Library of the National Academy of Sciences and the National Polytechnic University of Armenia, mandated software sharing under open licenses.
- Several organisations are drafting institutional and national policies as a part of Erasmus+ project “Strengthening Research Management and Open Science Capacities of HEIs in Moldova and Armenia” (MINERVA). These are: the Armenian State University of Economics, the Yerevan Brusov State University of Languages and Social Sciences, the Yerevan State Medical University, the Yerevan State University and the Ministry of Education, Science, Culture & Sport of Republic of Armenia.
For more information on national Open Science policy please visit OpenAIRE portal.
- Science Committee of the Ministry of Education
- Science, Culture, and Sport of the Republic of Armenia
- Institute for Informatics and Automation Problems of the National
- Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Armenia