- Name: –
- Description: –
- Website: https://ni4os.rash.al/en/
- Date of establishment: set-up in progress
- Set-up workflow: Hybrid
- Governance structure: A single organisation, the Academic Network of ALBANIA (RASH). RASH is a consortium of Institutions and responsible for creating the OSC in Albania. It therefore has a list of interested stakeholders already established under its umbrella and will expand on this of the NOSCI. Currently, stakeholders include all academic institutions of Albania. Also has the related Ministry’s support for the initiative.
- Related documents: –
- NI4OS-Europe contact point: RASH
Open Science Profile
Currently there is no OA/OS policy and there are not any institutional OA/OS policies widely used yet but according to the “The Open Government Partnership Third Open Government National Action Plan for Albania 2016-2018“, the Albanian government will be committed to maximize access to research information resulting from public and private funds. Thus, the development, adoption and promotion of Open Science standards are in the Albanian agenda.
A National OS/OSC initiative does not exist yet. Albania is making progress towards OS policy and OSC by requiring an approved Open Access Policy Regulation document when submitting applications to receive research grants from public funds. They are creating e-infrastructure trying to move towards OSC like the “Database for Archiving and Publication of Research Funds and Programs in Albania (AL0049)”, “Opendata.tirana.al” the first open data portal in Albania and the RASH e-infrastructure is interconnected with GÉANT Network.
Albanian response to NI4OS-Europe survey indicated a little familiarity with EOSC and minimum familiarity with FAIR. A discussion has recently been initiated with the Ministry of Education (vice Minister for HE), assessing the possibility for an OS framework in Albania. This initial discussion was between the Ministry of Education and RASH, but part of the proposed working group will also be experts from National Agency for Scientific Research and Innovation (NASRI) and universities.
- Mandated organisation: –
- Observer: –
- Member: –
- Participation in EOSC pillars:
- OpenAIRE: RASH
- NGI: –
- RDA: –
- GEANT: RASH